Responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of Shaping Cloud projects, managing effective communications and a strong relationship between customers and our internal technical teams to deliver projects on time and within budget via an efficient, engaging and effective project lifecycle.
The ideal candidate for the role will be able to demonstrate excellent project management skills alongside a keen desire to work with customers to bring about innovative change and help them along as they progress with their cloud journey. You will be enthusiastic about the technologies you will be working with and a well organised individual with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills. The ability to articulate technical solutions into understandable context for customers is essential.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Work with Sales and Account leads of define project scope and obtain agreement from customers.
- Work with infrastructure architects to define/refine scope, create solution requirement documents, statements of work (‘SoW’) and project plans.
- Forecast and track project budgets and financials.
- Create detailed project plans and work side by side with customers to ensure these are understood and agreed.
- Chair project kick off, weekly review & post-project reviews with customerand maintain overall project direction.
- Proactively manage risk and keep stakeholders up to date on risks, issues and mitigating actions.
- Implement suitable project controls to help track progress and control unforeseen issues and change.
- Use our time booking system to track project resource utilisation, ensuring full & accurate records.
- Produce weekly status update for management team and customers.
- Deliver projects within budget, escalating appropriately if projects are at risk.
- Ensure good working relationships internally & externally and bring about effective stakeholder management and bridge gaps between senior stakeholders and technical
- delivery teams to ensure consistent outputs.
- Own or understand the change management process, documenting, reviewing & documenting any changes and impact to budget/timeline.
- Engage and manage 3rd party suppliers, managing any financial agreements with them and ensuring scope of their work is clearly defined/agreed.
- Attend customer site where necessary to ensure successful delivery of in-scope services.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Drive and determination to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Ability to professionally convey urgency and importance to the delivery team and remain supportive of them.
- Share our clients’ passion for their business and what they are trying to achieve – acting as their ‘brand ambassador’.
- Understand potential for longer term engagement with customers and where else we can add value.
- A strong ability to empathise with stakeholders to better understand them and their challenges and to help facilitate and guide projects and change throughout their organisations.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Good financial acumen to help deliver projects to customers during times of government austerity where IT budgets can be tight.
- Possess basic understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
- Possess a good understanding of Cloud IT infrastructure and service concepts, in particular those around cloud and public cloud offerings such as Microsoft Azure.
- Track record working with IT infrastructure transformation projects and proven experience with cloud technologies.
- Ability to work hands on with the technical teams to lead solution delivery to customers and better understand the technical challenges faced. Help guide teams to resolution and communicate technical issues and resolutions to customers in a clear understandable manner.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications:
- Have an understanding of Public Sector IT and the challenges this can presents.
- ITIL foundation.
- Project Management certification (PRINCE2 or PMP).
Our Manchester Office
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience