The candidate will be required to provide infrastructure architecture services into project delivery, pre sales and consultancy streams, providing technical guidance to customers, project leads and engineering teams.
Working for the Director of Infrastructure Services you will provide technical leadership for projects, guiding the project from a technical perspective and ensuring technical and architecture principles are captured and executed against as part of the project, taking in to account constraints and impacts on business operations at all times.
The candidate should have:
- Proven ability to understand complex infrastructure environments, see solutions and present high level solution concepts, resources and costs.
- Broad technical understanding of storage, servers, networks (WAN & LAN), backup technologies, desktop, security technologies, operating systems, virtualisation and applications covering Microsoft technologies. An understanding of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS is desirable.
- Experience in full life cycle design, development, management and implementation of business and mission critical systems is key.
- Experience of working with, designing and understanding service management processes within business organisations and their impact on customer operations. The candidate should also understand service management toolsets and how they interact to support service management processes.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to be at least ITIL foundation certified with any certifications in Microsoft Technologies, TOGAF and PRINCE II methodology also proving preferable.
Our Manchester Office