START YOUR CAREER
CAREERS AT SHAPING CLOUD
We have a team that is innovative, fast acting and hardworking, performing at their best every single day. If you love a challenge and like to get stuck in and really make a difference, Shaping Cloud could be the place for you.
We deliver intelligent cloud solutions that enable organisations to transform the way they deliver services and improve people’s lives.
By joining Shaping Cloud you will ultimately be working toward making the world a better place. That may seem like a pretty tall order, but it is what drives and inspires us. We are always working for the very best interests of our customers and strive to always build and deliver
An opportunity at Shaping Cloud is exactly that. The chance for you to show us what you’ve got. Take charge of your own career and we will support you every step of the way. We have a team that is innovative, fast acting and hardworking, performing at their best every single day. If you love a challenge and like to get stuck in and really make a difference, Shaping Cloud could be the place for you.
YOUR SEARCH STARTS HERE
LATEST VACANCIESThese are exciting times here at Shaping Cloud. We’re always on the lookout for more talented people to join our unique band. Apply online today!
Azure SQL Engineer
- UK-based Home / Manchester
- Manchester (Homeworking)
Azure SQL Engineer
A little about us.
Born in the Cloud and raised in Manchester, we’re a Cloud first, digital transformation partner for Public Sector and Enterprise clients across the UK. Simply put, Cloud is what we know, and it is who we are. Partnering with Microsoft early on in their Azure development, we were one of the first Microsoft Gold Cloud Partners – and we still are today.
Our products and cloud services have been designed to swiftly inform, confidently plan, and deliver tangible and lasting difference, whilst ensuring that you are in control throughout. This is possible thank to our 4 service offerings – SC: Consult, SC: Deliver, SC: Manage and SC: Innovation.
Why choose Shaping Cloud?
You’ll be joining a community of technically gifted, business savvy and customer focused people who love what they do.
We have a culture first approach to hiring and look to identify our company values in all our people. We want someone that is happy to take ownership, that brings enthusiastic to all they do, someone that is inclusive and finds the value in everyone, that is entrepreneurial and remains relevant and at the forefront of developments and finally someone that will strive for excellence in their role.
We spend around 20% of our lives at work and so it makes sense to try and make that time enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. The key to any successful culture is trust — at Shaping Cloud we ask our clients and partners to trust us and so it is imperative that we replicate that trust internally. Flexible working policies mean that our people are able to work in the way that best suits them and their own family commitments.
What will be doing?
Playing a key role as our SQL subject matter expert, you will work alongside our cloud architects and engineering teams, providing expertise during the design, build and migration phases of our all our transformational projects.
- Assessing on premise workloads for cloud readiness
- Design of migration strategies to cloud
- Technical engineering during migration to the suitable Azure target
- Act as SME for SQL Server IaaS design and build activities
- Act as SME for SQL PaaS design and build activities
- To provide advice and consultancy to the customer and project teams where required
What experience do I need?
- Experience of SQL 2016 onwards (design, build and migration target in Azure)
- Experience of Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instances (design, build and migration target)
- Database migration tools and methods (DMA, Azure Migrate or alternative comparable tool)
- SQL Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups and high availability techniques
- SQL Backups
- Structured Query Language and T-SQL
At Shaping Cloud, we are intentionally inclusive, which is why it is one of company values. We aim to encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, characteristic or status. If you feel you meet most but not all the requirements, then please still apply because likelihood is that you will still bring your innovation and perspective, which is what diversity and inclusion is all about. As an SME we are proud of our stats:
- 41% of our employees identify as female
- 67% of our Executive team are female
- 44% of all management are female
- 50% of our company board are female
- 95% of employees upskilled themselves in the last 12 months
Benefits that matter
- 25 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays. (On completion of two complete years’ service, holiday entitlement will increase by 1 day per year up to 28 days (pro rata for part time employees)
- Pension scheme, with contributions made before tax and national insurance deductions
- Flexible working structure – Output based; home based with flexible working arrangements supported enabling family friendly options.
- Access to a shared managed workspace with complimentary refreshments.
- Personal and professional development framework – Each employee has time with our Team Coach to tailor their development plan
- 5 paid study days per year to use to upskill and further your career development
- Welcome pack containing Shaping Cloud merchandise
- Private health care for employees, with option to add dependents. Includes physical and mental health care plans with access to support services.
- Life Insurance
- Monthly social events, plus quarterly in person social events to encourage team connection
- 2 charity days per year to support a community or a cause that matters to you
- Eye care vouchers
What is the process?
At Shaping Cloud, we operate a non-bias recruitment and selection process, meaning all identify data is masked during initial shortlisting. We commit to each candidate meeting with a diverse interview panel throughout selection with the promise to hire purely based on merit and skills.
- 3 stage interview process, all held remotely via MS Teams
- Fair and constructive feedback provided to all following an interview
All successful candidates, at the point of offer will be required to undergo a basic DBS check and pre-employment checks in line with BPSS criteria, to include evidencing Right to Work in the UK.