We're looking for a...
About the role
Following a recent major contract award and a round of investment into the business, Shaping Cloud are expanding rapidly and are looking for high calibre cloud engineer who can help us deliver this prestigious and exciting project. We want self-starting, reliable candidates who can act on their own initiative and will help drive the engineering practice forward within our organisation. We would also expect our candidates to have a keen interest in technology and be continually looking to learn and explore new ways of using that technology for our customers.
The candidate will be required to provide engineering services into project delivery, pre-sales and account management streams, providing technical support to customers, project leads and consultancy teams.
Working for the Director of Consultancy Services you will provide support for projects, executing the technical delivery of the high-level and low-level design work carried out by our Lead Consultants and Technical Architects.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with a broad range of technologies, can demonstrate that they have practical experience of managing Microsoft based infrastructure as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years solid engineering experience within a corporate environment, following industry best practice.
- Proven ability to understand complex infrastructure environments, identify issues and present high level solutions.
- Broad technical understanding of storage, servers, networks (WAN & LAN), backup technologies, desktop, security technologies, operating systems, virtualisation and applications covering Microsoft technologies.
- An understanding of cloud technologies including Azure and AWS is desirable. Experience of migrating workloads to the cloud is highly desirable.
- Experience in full life cycle design, development, management and implementation of business and mission critical systems.
- Experience of working with, designing and understanding service management processes within business organisations and their impact on customer operations. The candidate should also understand service management toolsets and how they interact to support service management processes.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to be proficient in PowerShell and how this can be used to manage infrastructure in an efficient and process driven way.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please complete the form. We endeavour to read all job applications but due to the high volume of applications that we receive, unfortunately we will only be in contact with you if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Thanks for applying
We'll be in touch soon