The candidate will be required to manage a team of consultants and architects in the delivery of our SC:Strategy engagements. These projects will require an open and constructive dialogue with a wide range of client stakeholders both from the business and from I.T. across a broad range of public sector bodies.
Managing multiple workstreams and potentially overlapping projects the candidate will have excellent communication & organisational skills and be able to work within tight deadlines and be flexible when project delays occur.
Working for the Director of Consultancy Services you will provide delivery assurance for projects, guiding the project from an operational perspective and ensuring technical and architecture principles are captured and executed against as part of the project, taking in to account constraints and impacts on business operations at all times.
Key Skills & Experience
- Advise and participate in the development and implementation of projects, where required.
- Ensure project tasks, where required, are successfully delivered in line with agreed timescales and budgets.
- Identifying interdependencies between technical projects and the impacts of changes on the wider system
- Support the activities of project boards and project teams, when required, and making presentations, where required, to all levels of stakeholders.
- Accountable for the creation and management of all documentation including effective record keeping and version control of project documentation.
- Ensure project management documentation or reports are delivered in line with agreed standards and timescales.
- Owning the resolution / mitigation of risks across the project/programme.
- Preparing and presenting Project/Programme reports and documents to the Project/Programme Board.
- ITIL foundation certified with certifications in Managing Successful Programmes and PRINCE II methodology also proving preferable.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior officers and other key stakeholders from a wide variety of organisations, ensuring clear and effective channels of communication.
- To coordinate high levels of engagement with a wide array of organisations to ensure business requirements are effectively captured and defined.
- Have excellent presentation skills, with demonstrable experience of success with senior business stakeholders.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this position or know someone who might be, please complete the form. We endeavour to read all job applications but due to the high volume of applications that we receive, unfortunately we will only be in contact with you if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
Thanks for applying
We'll be in touch soon