What is foiPRO?
foiPRO is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) product that helps organisations & people handling requests under the Freedom of Information Act to reduce the risk of non-compliance with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulations and manage resources effectively.
With the recent change to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the importance of managing FOI requests has never been greater. foiPRO allows your organisation to build an automated and configurable process to manage FOI requests that fit around your current systems and services.
The software can hook directly into your existing citizen facing portal and CRM system and the secure ticket allocation systems allows you to assign tasks to people across your organisation as well as those outside for multi-agency requests. At all times the SRO can have complete visibility on each request against the ICO 20 working-day limit and take appropriate action to ensure compliance.
foiPRO is scalable according to your needs, and can be used with an unlimited number of people
- Highlights requests that exceed the 18 hour chargeable trigger
- ICO aligned workflow for FOI handling including full auditable review process.
- Supports multi-agency and collaborative working — enabling organisations to co-ordinate collection and responses.
- Reduces FOI demand by enabling responses to be published into a public knowledge base, reducing duplicate and repeat requests.
- Request categorisation allows media and frequent requesters to be handled via a separate authorisation workflow
- Provides information about potential income from FOI requests that are expected to exceed the 18 hour limit.